Linear programming is a mathematical technique used in solving a variety of problems related with management, from scheduling, media selection, financial planning to capital budgeting, transportation and many others, with the special characteristic that linear programming expect always to maximise or minimise some quantity. Linear programming helps to make the best possible use of available productive resources
Linear Programming (LP) problems involve the Linear Optimization of a linear objective function, subject to linear equality and inequality constraints. In addition all variables in a linear programming model are continuous. There are efficient solution methods for linear programming models and even most very large linear programming models can be solved by the available linear programming solvers.
Benefits of Using AIMMS as Linear Programming Software for Optimization
Besides the general benefits of using AIMMS, there there are specific functionalities that make AIMMS excellent software for modeling Linear Programming problems:
- Interface for solvers: Like other mathematical modeling Languages AIMMS provides a full interface to the best linear programming solvers, allowing you to control the performance of linear programming solvers via option settings, callbacks, and inspection of the statistics the solvers give back, such as Reduced Cost.
- Extended analytics tools: AIMMS Linear Programming Software is equipped with the Mathematical program inspector, a tool that lets you inspect your linear programming model and solution, execute "what-if" scenarios, analyze bounds, etc.; this makes debugging your model very easy.
Download a free license to try AIMMS for Linear Programming
Linear Programming Solvers
Open Solver Interface
The AIMMS Open Solver Interface allows solver developers to link their own solvers to AIMMS themselves.
- Distribution Center Allocation
- Farm Planning
- Inventory Control
- Telecommunication Network Design
- Transport Model
- More Linear Programming Application Examples
- Mathematical Modeling Languages
- User Interface Features
- Productivity Tools
- Diagnostic Tools
- Data Management Tools
- Model Deployment Tools
Free Linear Programming Software License
Download a free license of AIMMS to experience the benefits of using AIMMS as your linear programming software.