Download the latest version of the AIMMS SDK or AIMMS SDK Server
You need to install the AIMMS SDK for developing and locally running Java, C# or C++ projects that use AIMMS. You need to install the AIMMS SDK Server on each remote machine, if you want to use your Java, C# or C++ projects to communicate with remote AIMMS sessions. We advise you to always use the most recent version of the AIMMS SDK. This brings you the advantage of improvements and bug fixes, and ensures maximal stability. The latest SDK also works with the installation free AIMMS versions, which we have been releasing from AIMMS 4.3.1 onwards. You can download the latest version of the AIMMS SDK/SDK Server by clicking on one of the download links below.
- Download SDK (Windows x86/x64)
- Download SDK Server (Windows x64)
- Download SDK (Linux x64)
- Download SDK Server (Linux x64, gcc 6.1)
- Download SDK Server (Linux x64, gcc 4.9)
- Download SDK (signed RPM for Linux x64)
- Download SDK Server (signed RPM for Linux x64, gcc 6.1)
- Download SDK Server (signed RPM for Linux x64, gcc 4.9)
- If a call to a procedure using the java and c# frontend took over a minute to return, the session was killed.
- The host application chosen for VS2017 versions of AIMMS for windows could not start up.
This version does not bring any new functionality, but some issues for running on linux have been addressed:
- At the client side, there is now only an AIMMS SDK version compiled with gcc 4.9, as there were some compatibility issues with the gcc 6.1 versions we distributed earlier.
- At the server side, there is now only a Host application compiled with gcc 6.1, which is supporting AIMMS 4.29 and up.
- If you need to run with older AIMMS versions on linux, the 220.127.116.11 gcc 4.9 still applies.
Version 18.104.22.168 contained the following change:
- Re-instated support for AIMMS versions prior to 4.29 on Linux, using gcc 4.9.
Version 1.4.0 contained the following changes:
- An exception is raised and/or thrown when during a run of an AIMMS procedure the connection severed (either by means of a crashing AIMMS, a hanging AIMMS or because of a network failure).
- Improved error handling when AIMMS throws unexpected exceptions on different threads.
- This version supports AIMMS versions on Windows that have been compiled with a new C++ Compiler (soon, AIMMS will be released in two compiler versions, and within a few months, we will stop release AIMMS compiled with the older compiler).
- This version no longer supports AIMMS versions on Linux older than version 4.29.
Version 22.214.171.124 contained the following change:
Version 126.96.36.199 contained the following change:
Upon a timeout while awaiting data to be written to AIMMS, an identifier is closed. When the host then tried to send the data to AIMMS afterwards, an error "No correct handle" was issued, and communicated to the user even before the timeout was communicated. This problem was solved in version 188.8.131.52 by canceling the sending of data to AIMMS on an already closed identifier.
SDK version, 184.108.40.206 (only SDK, the compatible version of the SDK Server with SDK 220.127.116.11 is still 18.104.22.168), contains the following changes:
- When a procedure was run with a timeout, the timeout fired immediately.
- This timeout was documented as being in seconds, while in reality it is in milliseconds.
Version 22.214.171.124 contained the following change:
- We added the possibility to abort a running procedure. For more information, please see the SDK documentation.
Version 126.96.36.199 contained the following changes:
- We added an option to the IConfig to pass command line options to the host. Note: if the session connects to an already running host, this configuration has no effect.
- We added an option to the IConfig to not wait for AIMMS/the host to acknowledge a cancel on a running procedure, and also changed the default behavior when running a procedure with a timeout: when the procedure is not finished before the timeout runs out, the SDK no longer waits indefinitely for AIMMS/the host to acknowledge the cancel, but uses the provided timeout.
- From this version on, the SDK on Windows requires AIMMS 4.3 or newer.
Version 188.8.131.52, contained json.net version 8.0.1 for the .net front end.