Are you our Engine team's next C++ Engineer?
- AIMMS software enables the world’s largest companies to build and deploy applications using mathematical optimization.
- The Engine component is the foundation of our product: implementing a 4th generation modeling language with a compiler, execution engine and generation engine that allows passing on the optimization task to 3rd party solvers such as IBM’s CPLEX. In terms of flexibility and speed it is seen by experts as a global leader in this field.
- Over the years we have continuously evolved the functionality and code as we tracked the evolving requirements of our users.
- By now it constitutes over 1m lines of code, a combination of C and C++.
What are the challenges we are facing?
- As our modeling language enables an almost infinite number of different models, we can never exhaustively test our code. We have 10.000+ integration tests to address this, but working on this code still requires courage and risk-taking;
- Demands placed on our Engine module continue to grow: our users build ever more complex models and our customers use these in increasingly more mission-critical applications;
- The origin of our legacy code is more than 20 years old and our monolithic code needs to be made modular.
- Flexible working hours with possibility to work partly from home;
- No managers; we use Holacracy as operating system;
- Daily lunch & fresh fruits are available;
- A competitive salary;
- Fully paid pension;
- 6 weeks of holiday per year;
- Annual performance-based bonus;
- Annual training & conference budget;
- 15-min train ride from Amsterdam Central Station (travel cost covered if > 10 kilometers).
What we are looking for:
- You have a master degree or comparable education in a relevant subject;
- You have a good knowledge of C++;
- You are familiar with Python;
- You are familiar with the concepts CI/CD, TDD, test automation, agile development and continuous improvement;
- It is a huge plus when you know both Linux and Windows and have knowledge of vendors databases;
- You are people skilled, a team worker and feel comfortable carrying responsibilities, taking decisions and work independently;
- You are brave enough to change code that you do not fully understand;
- You like writing and reading clean code;
- You are comfortable with speaking and writing in English.
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you would be a good fit for the position.
In case you have questions, you can reach us at +31 23 5511 512 and ask for Pauline.
No acquisition please.
At AIMMS we:
- Software engineering challenge with growth opportunities. We have a dedicated team working to improve the maintainability of the code by rewriting it step by step and in many cases redesigning it. This team currently consists of four highly experienced software engineers and we are looking for a new team member who ideally would also like to grow into the role of team lead.
- Our culture. We are proud of our culture, nurtured over 30 years, and believe it is special. It is about people, about trust, about valuing differences and about the combination of performance and care. Read in our Culture Book what AIMMSians write about it.
- We are self-organized, using Holacracy. No managers. Plenty autonomy and transparency. Quick adjustments of organization, roles and accountabilities. A place where you can develop yourself to your full potential.